Havant & Waterlooville FC HAWKS Official
Home Page1st TeamMatch Reports2018Barnet V Havant and Waterlooville

Barnet V Havant and Waterlooville

You may like
Club news



Havant and Waterlooville

Coulthrist 12', 80'

National League

A.Robinson 70', 90+2'

By Henry Deacon (@H_Deaconmedia)

Andreas Robinson’s staggering double secured the Hawks a draw at The Hive as Lee Bradbury’s side were involved in more late drama.


Robinson on both occasions cancelled out strikes from Coulthrist in both halfs as the Hawks gain a second draw in a matter of 4 days on the road.


The result keeps the Hawks in 21st whilst the Bees stay in midtable.


Hawks boss Lee Bradbury made one change from Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Ebbsfleet with Alfie Pavey coming in for Aaron Cosgrave.


It was the hosts with the first opportunity of the game on a crisp night in North East London with Coulthrist from 25 yards out shot just wide of goal with a flashing effort which signalled Barnet’s intent.


However, 60 seconds later the Hawks came forward and troubled the Barnet defence as Dudzinski launched a long ball forward with Kabamba chesting the ball down to the path of Alfie Pavey who broke 2 on 1 but the Barnet defence did well to stop him from firing from 12 yards out.


But, showing their intent the Bees came out the traps flying in the pursuit of an opener with Tutanda this time shooting from distance although going wide of the target it seemed as if Dudzinski in the Hawks goal would have it covered.


However, the Bees would take the lead through perhaps the biggest talking point of the game as Robson went to ground in the penalty area following a corner kick with the referee pointing to the spot.


And Shaquile Coulthrist would make no mistake of his spot kick as he sends the Hawks ‘keeper the wrong way, converting to his bottom left to give Barnet an early advantage.


But the Hawks didn’t let the conceding of the goal get to them, coming back from the blow with a series of chances and getting forward on a few occasions. The best opportunity of note came a quarter of an hour in when Huggins played through the lively looking Alfie Pavey but again the Bees defence sniffing out the danger to knock the ball out of play.


In a quiet opening period where action came few and far between, both sides were looking to be that midfield and try to unlock two very stubborn defences.


With 8 minutes to go until the interval Barnet tried again as another of a flurry of corners from the hosts was half cleared into the path of Robson who’s effort required a big hand from Ben Dudzinski who was flourishing under the spotlight.


With 5 minutes remaining of the first half it was Nicke Kabamba’s turn to work some magic for the Hawks down on the right hand side defeating two men before trying to get his cross into his strike partner Pavey, but again, the Barnet defence stood strong.


And that would be the way the game would pan out at the interval.


HALF-TIME: Barnet 1-0 Hawks


Hawks boss Lee Bradbury made a switch at half time with Ibra Sekajja replacing young Marley Ridge as the gaffer looked to add something different into the games dynamic.


The first opportunity of the second period fell to the hosts as Fonguck runs down the wing, bursting forward with his pace before playing in Taylor who unleashed a cross come shot which would go wide of the target.


And just before the hour mark it was the brilliance of Ed Harris who kept the deficit at one as a ball out to substitute Mason-Clark by Fonguck sees him cut inside before shooting towards his near post but his effort is met with the boot of Ed Harris as the Hawks started to take the sting out the Bees attack.


And with 25 minutes left to play in the game, Lee Bradbury made what would turn out to be an inspired double substitution as Andreas Robinson and Bradley Tarbuck came on in the place of Josh Huggins and Ryan Woodford.


With almost his first touch of the ball, Robinson gave the Hawks the equaliser in which their performance warranted as he’s fed the ball on halfway with a quick one-two sees him in a position to shoot 25 yards from goal and converting well, nestling the bottom right hand corner to level the scoring.


But at the other end it was Harris again that kept the Bees attack at bay as this time he stops a dangerous Coulthrist who was bearing down on goal and ready to shoot from inside the area.


However, with ten minutes of the game to go the hosts got their noses back in front as Coulthrist, the thorn in the Hawks side in the penalty area twists, turns and then lets rip his effort which goes past Dudzinski to his far post.


And when it looked like there would be more frustration on the road for the Hawks, a lifeline by the fourth official came when 4 minutes were added on for stoppage time.


In the second of those minutes, the Hawks won a free kick following a foul on Stock on the edge of the penalty area.


And up stepped one man who knew the stage was his and boy didn’t he own it as Andreas Robinson steps up from 25 yards out to curl home an absolute screamer into the so-called top bins to rescue a draw with the most spectacular of free kicks.


FULL-TIME: Barnet 2-2 Hawks


Hawks gain what in the grand scheme of things will turn out to be a big away point against one of the fancied picks for promotion.

Lee Bradbury felt that on pattern of play the Hawks deserved the full bragging rights but having to settle for 1 bird in the hand rather than 2 in the bush.


Next up for the Hawks is a home league game against Tim Flowers high flying Solihull Moors on Saturday.


Hawks XI: 21 Dudzinski, 3 Williams, 4 Stock (c), 5 Woodford (Tarbuck 66'), 6 Harris, 8 Lewis, 9 Pavey, 10 Kabamba, 15 Huggins (A.Robinson 66'), 24 Ridge (Sekajja 45'), 25 Cordner

Referee: Paul Howard

Man of the Match: Andreas Robinson

Share this
Our Current Sponsors