Havant & Waterlooville FC HAWKS Official

Hawks 1-1 AFC Fylde

You may like
Club news
Havant and Waterlooville  1-1 AFC Fylde
Kabamba 48' National League Rowe (p) 23'

By Henry Deacon (@H_Deaconmedia)

Nicke Kabamba scored the Hawks’ first ever goal in The National League scoring a 20 yard curling effort in a 1-1 draw against AFC Fylde.


But it could have been more as efforts came off the crossbar, blocked on the line and headed away as the Hawks were left wondering how they only managed to gain a single point from a dominant performance especially in the second half.


It was an unchanged team for the third straight game as Brian Stock came through a late fitness test to feature after coming off at Half-Time on Tuesday.


The first 15 minutes was a scrappy affair with not much happening on a wet and overcast afternoon at Westleigh Park.


But when the first opportunity came it fell to the Hawks and that came courtesy of a mistake from Jay Lynch in the Coasters goal as he loses the ball finding Kabamba at an acute angle, poking it across goal hoping that a fellow Hawks player could get there but the Fylde defence cleared it from danger.


Seconds later the Hawks had their first major opportunity of the game as Andreas Robinson under the pressure of two men chips the ball up into the path of Williams who then drives towards the penalty area before squaring it but it would be headed away from danger before finding the dangerman Alfie Pavey.


Just before the 20 minute mark the Hawks have a corner whipped into the penalty area finding Robinson who heads the ball an inch wide.


23 minutes in and AFC Fylde won a penalty as Ed Harris trips up Toure in the area.


Danny Rowe would be the man that stepped up to the spot and he would make no mistake slotting into the bottom left hand corner with Ryan Young coming close to getting a hand on it. Fylde a goal to the good.


7 minutes later a fine save by Ryan Young would keep the score at one as that man Danny Rowe again unleashed a thunderous 25 yard volley destined to hit the top right hand corner but Young matches the effort in fine fashion to parry it out for a corner.


Within a minute of Young’s fine save the Hawks were down the other end of the pitch as Williams crosses the ball into the path of Kabamba who’s effort comes crashing off the crossbar and away by the Fylde defence. The Hawks quite literally couldn’t come closer.


Then 5 minutes later the Hawks were putting the pressure on again as Williams’ fabulous cross comes flashing into the path of Pavey but again could only head his effort an inch wide of goal.


5 minutes before the interval that man Rowe was creating problems once again for the Hawks. From the best part of 12 yards out he had a shot deflected by the Hawks defence before beginning a counter attack.


The Hawks would have two headed efforts allude them before the break as first Jordan Rose and then Andreas Robinson see headers from corners go narrowly wide.


HALF-TIME: Hawks 1-1 AFC Fylde


Within three minutes of the restart, the Hawks got themselves back level and in some style. Nicke Kabamba had the ball played to him from Alfie Pavey before curling home a spectacular effort from the best part of 20 yards out as the Hawks scored their first goal in the fifth tier of English Football in fine fashion.


Then three minutes later the Hawks thought that they got their noses back in front again as Lynch for the second time gives the ball away to Kabamba who taps the ball into Williams who hammers the ball into the back of the net only for the linesman to flag for offside.


Seconds after that the Hawks came calling again as Lee Bradbury’s side asked all the questions as Tarbuck’s ball was squared onto the head of Ed Harris who could only steer the ball over.


Then it would be the Fylde ‘keeper that would stop the Hawks as the onslaught on the Coasters goal continued with Robinson’s header forcing him into a fingertip save.


Then the immaculate service into Pavey continued as this time Williams had a ball played into his path but again much to his frustration the ball was headed just wide of the target.


But with 20 minutes left to play Lee Bradbury made a double change as Mike Carter and Theo Lewis replaced Andreas Robinson and Alfie Pavey respectively.


With 12 minutes left on the clock a Hawks free kick was swung away as far as Stock who whipped the ball back into the box towards Paul Robinson who headed his effort just wide.


Seconds later Kabamba had a chance to grab a second of the afternoon but his effort was blocked by the Fylde man before reaching Lynch in the Coasters goal.


With minutes left to play Cosgrave replaced Kabamba and the script was almost written for the 19 year old on debut as the ball falls for him in the penalty area and as he unleashes his effort which looked like hitting the top corner Kane came sliding in to stop the ball from travelling. It was doing anything but go in.


FULL-TIME: Hawks 1-1 AFC Fylde


And a draw it would finish but the Hawks would be left scratching their heads as to how it has finished that way. A flurry of second half chances was matched well by the Fylde defence who didn’t let up from start to finish.


Next up is a trip to Crabble on Tuesday Night as the Hawks host Dover Athletic in The National League with a 19:45 kick off. Be nice to see as many Hawks fans make the trip as possible to see the lads in action.


Share this
Our Current Sponsors