Havant & Waterlooville FC HAWKS Official
Home PageArticlesHawks 3-1 QPR U23 match report

Hawks 3-1 QPR U23 match report

Havant and Waterlooville beat a Queens Park Rangers Under 23 side by 3 goals to one at Westleigh Park on Friday night. The Hawks used this game as a chance to bring in players who haven’t had too many minutes along with two trialists.

And they would get of to the perfect start as after 2 minutes a Andreas Robinson free kick is spilt by the goalkeeper and Jordan Rose at the back post was here to convert to give the Hawks the lead and to keep his scintillating goalscoring form going.

10 minutes later some good play by Jason Prior, Andreas Robinson and Matt Tubbs saw them make advances into the penalty area with Prior then unleashing a shot which the goalkeeper parried behind for a corner.

And the Hawks’ dominance in the opening half hour continued as Prior forced Brozoski into a mistake giving the ball to the Hawks number 9 but the Rangers ‘keeper redeemed himself by saving the effort. Then minutes later the Hawks came close again Robinson had an effort from 20 yards that went just wide.

Minutes before the interval QPR thought they went in front but the flag went up for offside and the Hawks would go into the break a goal in front.

HALF TIME: Hawks 1-0 QPR U23

A complete overhaul of the Hawks squad at half time saw the likes of Walker-Harris, George Barker and Alfie Rutherford gain some minutes.

And it would be two half time substitutes that would combine for the game’s second goal as Barker’s free kick 7 minutes into the second period was swung in and Theo Lewis got the final touch to put the ball over the line and give the Hawks a two goal cushion.

Straight from the kick off QPR had their best chance of the game as Rowe unleashed an effort but would be forever rising.

With 25 minutes remaining the Hawks caught a second wind as they created two golden opportunities in a matter of minutes as first Bradley Tarbuck played a cross which found Rory Williams but his effort went agonisingly wide and then seconds later Ed Harris had a header following a good ball in go wide.

With ten minutes of the game to play the Hawks sealed the game once and for all as Wes Fogden breaks his way forward with vigour finding Alfie Rutherford who then in turn found Tarbuck who went for goal only to have his effort spilt as far as Fogden who routinely taps home to put the game beyond doubt.

And as the seconds ebbed away QPR got their consolation as Akinola gets into an acute position before having a go at the near post beating the oncoming Walker-Harris to give QPR a deserved consolation for their endeavours.

FULL TIME: Hawks 3-1 QPR U23

Useful workout for the Hawks who now look forward to a Hampshire Senior Cup tie at Moneyfields on Tuesday night at Dover Road with a 7:45 KO.

Share this
Our Current Sponsors