Havant and Waterlooville are recruiting for a Community Coach to join their team. Full details of the vacancy along with the job description and how to apply is outlined below.
Job Title: Community Coach
Responsible to: Head of Community
Hours p/wk: Flexible, including evenings
Salary: to be agreed commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Hawks in the Community is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated coaches to work in our Community department. The key role of the Community Coach is to provide quality coaching on football sessions, to lead the development of new sessions to target new participation, develop new partnerships and raise the profile of football.
How to apply: Please send CV addressed to Gary Pratt ([email protected]) before Friday 26th March 2021.
Please note that all roles will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check
Community Development Coach Hours will be during schools hours as well as after school, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for:
- Delivering coaching sessions in school settings – these may include breakfast clubs, lesson time delivery, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs as well as skills and development centres in the evenings or Saturday mornings and during school holidays.
- Adhering to Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety, and Equal Opportunities and all other policies at all times.
- Making sure that your DBS check, Safeguarding Children, First Aid and any coaching certificates are kept up to date.
- Willing to contribute to your own Professional Development by attending organised courses and finding your own courses where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all registers are properly maintained and returned promptly.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees.
To represent Hawks in the Community and Havant & Waterlooville Football Club in a professional manner at all times, regarding to uniform, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism. To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires including evenings, weekends and all home match days.
PERSON SPECIFICATION DESCRIPTION
FA Level 2 Coaching Football Award (Must be the NGB level 2 award)
Current Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update asap)
Current First Aid certificate (or willingness to update asap)
Current FA Coaching licence (or willingness to undergo necessary CPD)
Full UK Driving Licence Car owner and willingness to use own vehicle for work
Multi Skills Level 2
FA Youth Module 1
The FA UEFA B Licence
FA Youth module 2 and 3 other level 1 and 2 sport/activity based qualifications
The Association for Physical Education (AfPE) qualification
Experience of coaching football to young people.
Experience of coaching/working with youngsters
Experience of promoting and recruiting targeted participants onto activities
A proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
Proven planning and organisational skills.
Attitude to always strive to overachieve and continuously develop the programme and organisation.
Excellent attention to detail.
Commitment to undergo regular CPD Competent with the use of IT and IT based systems.
Experience of writing reports and coordinating a monitoring and evaluation system.
Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers and casual coaches.
- To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook.
- Work with Commercial Manager to install an on-going marketing campaign to publicise project to participants and promote to local media.