About Match

A calm Hawks start meant the sides went in goalless at half time with neither team posing too much threat. The Addicks went ahead in the 70th minute through a Davison header, before Stockley converting a penalty five minutes later.

Substitutes and availability took its toll and Stockley scored his second sending the side 3-0 up. Mason Burstow scored the fourth with a driving run and fired the ball into the left corner.

Match Action

Hawks had a steady start and didn’t face threat from the Charlton forwards in the first 10 minutes. Arter dispossessed Jake McCarthy on the edge of the box and fires towards goal but the effort is wide. James Roberts had the first Hawks break but it was cleared.

Josh Passley came close as his misplaced cross almost dropped into the far corner of the Charlton goal, a large gasp echoed the stadium from the travelling Hawks fans. In the 32nd minute, Clare tried his luck for The Addicks but it was straight at ‘keeper Will Mannion.

A couple of Hawks free-kicks in the last 10 minutes troubled Henderson, but it finished goalless at the break. Hawks fans were almost rocking the whole stadium as they were the clear voices of the half.

Second Half

Hawks kicked off the second half quickly as the first shot of the half was from the Hawks’ new loan signing Leon Chambers-Parillon but it was straight at Henderson.

A huge amount of pressure was put on by The Addicks in the first 10 minutes of the half, the most notable strike came from Blackett-Taylor from outside the box which cleared the bar. Paul Rooney replaced Magri who was unfortunately stretchered off.

Hawks’ best chance yet came from a Oscar Gobern corner as Jake McCarthy’s header was saved well by Henderson. Charlton went ahead thanks to a Josh Davison header in the 70th minute.

Five minutes later Oastler’s late challenge gave Charlton a penalty which was converted by captain Jayden Stockley. Baggie and Rendell came on, meaning when debutant Leon Chambers-Parillon came off goalkeeper Charlie Searle had to replace him and go up front!

Stockley added a third and got his second through a tap in from a rebound. The Addicks rubbed salt into the wound in the 90th minute and scored their fourth and final goal through substitute Mason Burstow.

The injuries and availability meant Charlton proved too much as the game finished Charlton Athletic 4, Hawks 0 after 6 minutes added time.

Attendance: 3865

Hawks: 874

HAWKS XI: Mannion(GK), Passley, Oastler ©, Green, Magri, McCarthy, Newton, Collins, Gobern, Roberts, Chambers Parillon

SUBS: Searle(GK), Rooney, Baggie, Rendell


CHARLTON XI: Henderson (GK), Famewo, Stockley©, Morgan, Kirk, Arter, Blackett-Taylor, Davison, Souare, Clare, Elerewe

SUBS: MacGillivray(GK),Dobson, Pearce, Jaiyesimi, Washington, Lee, Watson, Clayden, Burstow

Written by: Adam Nixon