About Match

Three goals in the last 15 minutes see the Hawks come from 1-0 down to secure a miraculous 3-1 victory away to Dulwich Hamlet.

It was a game of two very different halves, with both sides finding their goalscoring touch in the second 45 minutes.

After a flurry of chances for The Hawks, including a penalty miss in the first half, they could not find a way through the hosts defence meaning the first period ended 0-0.

The Hawks found themselves behind early in the second half after Danny Mills managed to find the back of the net.

The visitors dug in and managed to claw the game back with an equaliser from Sam Magri before Bradley Tarbuck and Alfie Rutherford gave The Hawks all three points late on.

The Hawks began the first half well and full of attacking intent but could not find a way through the Hamlet defence.

The first two chances of the game fell to Tarbuck and Wes Fogden within the opening five minutes, but both flew over the bar.

Striker Danny Kedwell then rose the highest in the box to head the ball towards the goal on the 16th minute mark but saw his effort fly just wide of the post.

The hosts then began to create some chances of their own which both fell to Shamir Mullings who failed to convert.

The Hawks then looked as if they would make their pressure pay but Wes Fogden was brought down in the box and a penalty was awarded.

Kedwell put the ball on the spot with a chance of putting the visitors in front minutes before half-time but fired his effort into the cross bar.

Two follow up efforts from The Hawks was not enough and both sides went into the break goalless.

Half-time: Dulwich Hamlet 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville

It was The Hawks who started the second half just as they had started the first, and a Kedwell free kick tested Hamlet’s keeper but was not enough to break the deadlock.

It was not long until the hosts began to create chances for themselves and they made it count through striker Mills after 51 minutes.

The Hawks lost possession and were punished by Mills who fired the ball into the bottom left corner of Ross Worner’s net.

Paul Doswell’s men done their best to find an immediate response to going behind and almost did so as Fogden played through Rutherford.

Rutherford only had the keeper to beat but some alert keeping from Charlie Grainger meant he could block the goal bound effort.

The visitors continued to pile of the pressure before captain Fogden was yet again fouled in the box with a penalty being awarded.

Defender Magri stepped up for the spot kick and confidently dispatched the ball to put The Hawks level with 14 minutes remaining.

With the wind in their sails The Hawks managed to put themselves in front six minutes later through Tarbuck.

After some great work by Rutherford to win the ball in a dangerous area he played through Tarbuck who smashed the ball into the bottom right corner of the goal.

Doswell’s men helped themselves to a third in the 90th minute after some good hold up play from Rutherford allowed himself to slot the ball home.

The three late goals were enough to seal all three points for The Hawks who see themselves climb up the table into third.

Full-time: Dulwich Hamlet 1-3 Havant & Waterlooville.

Starting XI: Worner, Read, Straker, Walton, Magri, Fogden, Kedwell (c), Tarbuck, Bailey, Taylor, Rutherford

Subs on: Drury

Subs not used: Beckwith, Dennett, Cook, Paul

By Liam Rice (@Liam_Rice9)