About Match

The Hawks seek to get their second win of the season at Westleigh Park against Eastbourne Borough, who have also had a slow start to the season but were looking to strengthen on their win on Saturday against Weston-Super-Mare. Last time at home the boys played a thrilling game of football to get a 4-3 over Yeovil with Muhammadu Faal and Callum Kealy shining in the game.

First Half: 

Eastbourne started off the game playing very much high pressing football with it seeming to be paying off with them not allowing Havant to get out of their half with Leone Gravata capitalising on a mistake from the press to get 1 on 1 with Worner but the keeper made a brave save to keep it level.

Eastbourne looked the stronger team in the first 15 minutes with them having most of the possession but neither team could find a way to get past the defences.

Havant started to breakdown the Eastbourne defence with the team starting to get more shots on goal especially from set pieces with Callum Kealy having a great chance to score but the shot was saved outstandingly from Dudzinski.

The Hawks really started to take the game by the scruff of the neck and were pushing for a goal with Tom Blair starting of a great counter attack running the full length of the pitch and put in an amazing cross what Faal was agonisingly close to tapping in but he just missed it.

Near the end of the first half both teams’ frustrations grew and players started flying into tackles and both teams picked up multiple yellow cards.

Eastbourne looked the strongest going into the last minutes of the half with Decarry Sheriff having Eastbourne’s best opportunity of the half with his header glancing just wide of Worners net.


HT – 0-0


Eastbourne came out in the second half looking the stronger team with it looking like a similar story to the start of the first half with Eastbourne controlling the ball and getting a couple chances away towards the Havant net.

The second half continued to be a like for like recreation of the first half with Havant starting to get into the game some more with a counter attack leading to Roberts being able to run the full length of the pitch to get one on one with the Eastbourne keeper but a heroic tackle from Jack Paxman stopped Roberts from finishing.

Havant Continued to look threatening with Roberts being the centre of our play with him having multiple shots what Dudzinski was equal to, both teams struggled to find any end product.

All of Havant’s confidence was gone however when Roberts got a second yellow card for multiple tackle offences and sent off this then led to Eastbourne being able to go on a play more attacking football which led to Holman having his shot rattle off the post and the rebound shot being saved brilliantly from Worner.

Eastbourne continued to pressure the 10-man Havant team and eventually they would be rewarded with Fletcher Holman getting in behind the defence and slotting the ball into the bottom right corner of Worner’s net to give the visitors the lead.

Going against the run of play in the last minute of the 90 Baker ran into the box and was brought down by Beckford to win the Hawks a penalty what was then converted by Callum Kealy to bring Havant Level.

The late drama continued however with Eastbourne replying quickly with a strike from Sheriff hitting the back of Worner’s net to put Eastbourne back in front.

The hawks tried to get another with Kealy coming close twice but, in the end, they were not able to bring the game back level and the 3 points went to Eastbourne.

FT – 1-2