About Match

Ross Worner pulled off a double penalty save whilst two second half goals saw the Hawks come back from a goal down to beat Bath City 2-1. 

Worner went down low to his right to make the save before collecting the rebound.

Havant went a goal down at the break before super sub Alfie Rutherford and Danny Kedwell from the spot struck to turn Hawks fortunes around.

The win sees the Hawks climb into third, just five points off Wealdstone at the leagues summit.

Paul Doswell named an unchanged starting XI from the side which faced Slough Town last time out in the abandoned clash last Saturday.

The first chance of the game fell to the visitors six minutes in when Tom Smith forced Worner to save low down on his right side.

Three minutes Bath won a penalty when Watkins went down in the area under the challenge of Craig Robson.

Worner from Chilvers spot kick saved down low to his right side before claiming the rebounded attempt.

But the Romans would go in front five minutes later when Smith this time provider played the ball across the box before Mann at the back post came running in before he notched the ball past a helpless Worner.

Midway through the opening period Ayunga got himself into space inside the penalty area before unleashing on his right foot, his attempt dragged narrowly wide of the target.

Seconds later it was Tarbuck’s turn to have a strike at go and again the same frustrating fate laid his way as the ball nestled the other side of the netting.

Ten minutes before the break Worner was called into action again and made another major contribution when Smith’s low driven effort from the edge of the area required him to parry away from danger.

The Hawks came close to going in at the interval level when Straker had a crack at goal with a swerving effort, but a deflection saw the ball deviate away from the target.

HALF-TIME: HAWKS 0-1 Bath City

The Hawks made their presence known after the restart and five minutes after the interval when Drury crossed the ball into Taylor who with the slightest of flick ons knocked the ball narrowly past the post.

Ten minutes into the second period Alfie Rutherford came on, replacing Nicky Bailey.

Seconds after coming on he would find his way on the scoresheet when Ayunga, who carved out space for himself, had a poke at goal before finding Rutherford dead centre from the second ball before smashing home from close range.

With 20 minutes to play Anthony Straker played in Josh Taylor who’s effort from the edge of the area came off a Bath man.

Three minutes later the Hawks would get a penalty of their own when Taylor went down inside the box after being sliced to the deck.

Up stepped Danny Kedwell who from 12 yards out made no mistake smashing it down the middle, high, with power to put the Hawks in front for the first time.

Taking confidence from taking the lead, Alfie Rutherford has a stab at goal from the edge of the box just seconds later but Clarke held.

However, Bath kept asking the Hawks questions and eight minutes from time a dangerous attack saw the ball headed goal bound with Jake Flannigan having from close range move the ball away from danger.

A minute from time Ayunga split the Bath defence open before squaring the ball to Kedwell who from close range hit the ball over the bar.

FULL-TIME: HAWKS 2-1 Bath City

Hawks XI: Worner, Straker, Beckwith, Magri, Drury, Kedwell (c), Ayunga, Tarbuck, Bailey, Robson, Taylor

Subs on: Flannigan, Rutherford 

Subs not used: Walton, Latham, Paul 

By Henry Deacon (@H_Deaconmedia)

Match Video