About Match

Two second half goals against Taunton Town see the Hawks progress into the next round of the FA Cup at Westleigh Park.

The Hawks made two changes to the starting line up as Andy Drury returned from injury and new loan signing Matt Casey made his debut, whilst Jake Flannigan who has been training with the Hawks started on the bench.

The Hawks started the game brightly and with just seconds on the clock a Tarbuck through ball 25 yards out found Ayunga who crashed his shot into the back of the net only to see he had been flagged offside.

The Hawks continued to press forward and Benny Read picked up the ball in a central position and hit his shot just over the bar from 20 yards out. The Hawks continued to press and in the 20th minute a cross from Magri was firmly met by Rutherford, whose header was cleared off the line.

The Hawks had a glorious chance to take the lead in the 26th minute, Magri won a header just inside his own half Ayunga was on to it like a flash running between 2 defenders only to see his shot clear the crossbar. A minute later the referee called a compulsory water break as the hot sun beat down on Westleigh Park.

In the 32nd minute Taunton had a great chance to open the scoring as Neil went one on one with Ross Worner and Hawks keeper diving at his feet The half ended with Taunton bravely defending and frustrating the Hawks

Half time Hawks 0 Taunton Town 0

The 2nd half started as the first finished with the Hawks in control and in the 48th minute a read effort just cleared the Taunton crossbar. In the 51 minute Taunton broke forward and Sullivan’s effort from 25yards cleared the crossbar. After 52 minutes hawks made their 1st substitution with Danny Kedwell replacing Alfie Rutherford.

In the 56th minute the Hawks should of taken the lead when a Bailey corner was met by Magri 6 yards out and his header went just past the post. Two minutes later the Hawks made their 2nd substitution with Ryan Seager replacing Jonha Ayunga

In the 69th minute the Hawks broke the deadlock when a cross from the right hand side was headed into his own net by Ben Addlesbury The Hawks took control and pressed for a second and in the 83rd minute Andy Drury ran at the Taunton defence passed to Danny Kedwell who laid the ball back for Drury to side foot the ball into the bottom right hand corner of the net.

In the 90th minute Drury hits a shot from 25yards narrowly wide. In the 2nd minute of added time Taunton won a corner which is headed home by Shane White. With 2 further minutes remaining Taunton throw everything at the Hawks and Chamberlain has a shot with seconds remaining which is gathered by Ross Worner.


By Les Hyson (@les61hawk)

Match Video