About Match

The Hawks looked to get their first win of the season at Westleigh Park against Yeovil Town, who sat third in the National League South.


First Half:


  • The Hawks looked to take the lead in the sixth minute with a 2 on 1 opportunity where James Roberts dribbled down the left, he squared it to Faal but he couldn’t quite keep his shot down


  • It was that man again, James Roberts danced down the left side of the pitch and was able to cross it on to the head of Muhammed Faal who drove it into the back of the Yeovil net in the 8th


  • Westleigh Park erupted when Callum Kealy made it 2-0 for the Hawks from a cross in from Tom Mehew in the 12th minute after taking advantage of a shaky Yeovil defence.


  • Callum Kealy put through Faal who continued to trouble the Yeovil Town defence getting through 1 on 1 with the keeper but Buse got down quickly.


  • Yeovil got one back in the 27th minute after a mistake from Ross Worner who attempted to punch the ball out from a corner and Oliver Thomas headed into an empty net.


  • Roberts looked to make it three, he curled an effort from distance but it skimmed past the top corner.


  • Charlie Cooper almost made it a second for Yeovil after a set piece routine – he let fly from the 18-yard line but missed the target.


  • Oliver Thomas cut in from the right-hand side of the box who used great skill to beat his man but he scuffed his shot.


  • Ross Worner made an exceptional save to keep the Hawks in the lead – he tipped a headed effort onto the crossbar.


  • Billy Busari gave away a penalty after missing the ball and Yeovil’s Maguire-Drew slotted it down the middle to make it even.


  • Callum Kealy did brilliantly a few moments later to get the ball through to Faal who was tripped in the box to win a penalty at the other end.


  • Faal’s penalty was saved but he was quick with his feet to tap home the rebound – the Hawks were in the lead again going into the end of the first half.

HT – Hawks 3, Yeovil 2

Second Half


  • Early on into the second half Jamie Collins was sent off after discussion between the referee and the linesman.


  • The first real action in the second half was a good save from Worner who pushed away the shot from Lo-Everton.


  • James Roberts drove a fantastic strike that just glanced past the post, the Hawks started to look comfortable as they sustained the pressure by Yeovil.


  • Faal made a great run and shot from distance – his effort pinged off the post. Roarie Deacon picked up the rebound but his shot flew over.


  • Tom Blair bent a strike from the right-side of the box, but it came off the crossbar. The Hawks looked very strong in the second half and looked most likely to increase their lead.


  • James Roberts continued to look dangerous against the Yeovil defence with him having another ranged shot which just skimmed past the post.


  • Faal got round 3 defenders and put a delightful ball into the box but both Kealy and Busari couldn’t get onto the end of it.


  • Yeovil who looked unlikely to score in the second half caused late drama with Rhys Murphy pouncing on scrappy defending and placed the ball into the bottom left corner of Worner’s net.


  • The game was not over yet however with the late drama continuing. James Roberts put a driven cross into the box which Callum Kealy could turn and blast home the winner.


  • The match continued to have relentless drama – the visitors had a penalty shout in the last few minutes but the referee deemed it as a dive from Charlie Cooper who was then handed his second yellow card and sent off.


  • The Hawks win 4-3 in a crazy match to get our first 3 points of the season!


By Flynn Spanton and Ollie Turner